Posted by Sunny Wu
Here are the top 10 sports bars in the entire United States, according to some site called Gayot.com:
- Jake’s Dilemma, New York
- Bobby Valentine’s Sports Gallery Café, Stamford, Conn.
- The Burger & Beer Joint, Miami
- STATS, Atlanta
- ESPN Zone, Los Angeles
- Lagasse’s Stadium, Las Vegas
- Nemo’s Bar & Grill, Detroit
- Ricky’s Sports Theatre & Grill, San Leandro, Calif.
- The Sportsgrille, Nashville, Tenn.
- Stadium View, Green Bay, Wisc.
I’ve been to Lagasse’s Stadium in Vegas — that’s not a sports bar, let alone a top 10 sports bar. Like we wrote earlier, it feels more like a spaceship than a sports bar.
As for ESPN Zone in L.A., I haven’t been. I did go to the one in Times Square (RIP). But can we really put ESPN Zone on the list when they’ve been shuttered all over the country? Plus, no sports bar that allows kids to run around the restaurant and arcade like little monkeys should be in the top 10.
And this site, Gayot.com — excuse the ignorance, but has anyone heard of it before? I thought it was a website for certain lifestyles. Apparently I’m not the only one, since the site takes great pains to explain that the site is pronounced “guy-OH.”
Photo courtesy of searching “ESPN Zone” on Photobucket.