Prep: 10 mins | Cook: 45 mins
This blazing hot wing recipe is an alternative to deep-fried wings. They are baked instead of fried and stay juicy rather than crisp. I started making these about 5 years ago and they were an instant hit. I am always asked to “bring the wings” for all the parties we are invited to now.
5 pounds frozen chicken wings
1/2 cup butter
2 cups Franks Red Hot(R) hot sauce
2 tablespoons white distilled vinegar
1 tablespoon flour
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C).
2. Place frozen wings in a single layer in a shallow pan.
3. Bake for 25 minutes then turn the wings onto the other side.
4. While wings finish cooking, place butter, hot sauce, vinegar into a sauce pan. Heat slowly, stirring with wire whisk until butter has melted. Add the flour slowly until combined, then keep stirring until desired thickness.
5. Drain wings when finished, let stand for 5 minutes. Pour sauce over drained wings and toss.